Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Show Biz...

Yesterday was anything but glam. Filming a scene for a certain movie all day in 106 degrees.

Good points:

-Sexy director
-Working with a well known actor I respect
-A/C on occasion
-Connecting with the owners of Ruta Maya beforehand
-Getting extra $

Bad Points:

-As a "Stand -In",  you're basically a second class citizen.
-106 DEGREES??!!!
-No food
-NOT enough money for that heat
-The knowledge that YOU could have done a better acting job than the person you stood in for.

No lie there.

I want a speaking role in one of this director's films. I'll get one too!

The heat left me sick as a dog last night. 2 hours sleep max....Ugh.

I also had to bail on Lolla. It's just too expensive and BTV doesn't pay me to travel. I'll just make sure to do a damn fine job of covering ACL and other festivals. You can't do it all- but I try.

I still have 3 music festivals, 2 films, and band to book and a music studio to do online press for.

:)

B

3 comments:

Brit-Man said...

I'm sure things will work out.

Best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

northerntransmissions said...

Absolutely amazing, we can not be more thankful for all the bands we have played for and all the people we have met throughout our whole journey of playing.
Bands Interviews

northerntransmissions said...

Interview were a five piece pop/rock band from Bath, Somerset, England. They were signed to Virgin Records, and between 1978 and 1981 released two albums and four singles.
Bands Interviews