Saturday, June 27, 2009

Nitty Gritty

They do not F around at CF!!!!!

I was nervous but excited to try my first WO with a group. AWESOME and tough. We did as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

7 Cleans, 5 Press, 3 burpees and a jog around cones. Think my partner and I did 7 rounds but to be honest..I lost count due to complete fatigue. Lifting for TIME is so different than lifting at your own pace in a gym......much harder and the cardio is immense. I'm happy to say I completed all push-ups and burpees on toe:)

Burpee's SUCK btw...which means I'll start adding them into my regular workouts. I wasn't that great at the cleans but it will just take a little time. The coaches are very cool and super friendly which instantly put me at ease. It's really a community of supportive fit people...with a slightly sick masochistic side. I have found my people! HA!

There is an audition downtown for a web commercial that I'd like to check out and LC is doing a book signing at Book People. I honestly can't see myself waiting in line for a book based on The Hills but ya never know. Wait...yes I do, I'm too old for that shit:)

Have a great day folks!

B

3 comments:

Brit-Man said...

I think you can acheive the physical goals you are capable of.

You're a lot stronger and conditioned than perhaps some might think.

You certainly look great, and I'm sure you'll achieve what you want, so just keep pushing for it, and keep believing in yourself, because whatever you do, there's plenty of people believing in you and certainly I KNOW and hope you can do all you want in the coming weeks and months.

You're so unique but in a wonderful way.

Take care and best wishes.

:-) :-).

Matt

Barbara said...

Thanks Matt...I AM stronger than I think, it really is completely mental.

Oh...the audition went well. It's for a VO and camera shots for a plastic surgery center..LMAO!

Stacey said...

I know all about cross fit and would totally be all over it if there was anything like that around here :) at one time I thot I culd just do the cross fit workouts in my gym but its totally not set up for that and just doesn't work. So cool that your doing it!