Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Already?

Fine by me:)

This week has flown by pretty fast. I managed to get my DOMS soaked hobble butt to the gym at 4:50am. It took me about 15 minute of self talk while still in bed.....I REALLY didn't want to get up. I'm not sure if my cardio workout was that great but my leg workout BURNED baby~

Leg Press:

360lbs for squats and calves--did sets until I fatigued
1 Leg Lunges on Leg Press with 90lbs

Leg Curls:
Did various sets with 55lbs,60,65 and max effort with 80lbs.
Hammies on the Ball

Shoulders:

Sailors with 25lbs
Side Raise with 10-12.5lbs
15 toe push-ups

Abs
Wall Ball with 12lb ball
Flutters
Leg Lifts
in/outs
Reverse crunch

Then Spin. Spin class was a bit of an ordeal today....Why?

We had a sub. The sub was 15 min late and half the class had left. The sub didn't know how to work the music, set her own bike up nor work her new Iphone. She planned to use the Ipod on her new phone which she didn't know how to operate...(Have a headache yet?) THEN, she proceeded to tell me to stretch when I was already trying to rev up my HR due to her earlier absence. I said "NO, I don't want to stretch"..HUFF*PUFF, kept spinning on my own.

The music...well she played the Police twice and Daughtry like 5 times. She then proceeded to giggle because she "Like, LOVES Daughtry, and don't you?"

I swear I might have shot myself in the head had I endured another Daughtry song. The band is good but 5 TIMES in a 45 min spin class? Add in the fact she had a really squeaky voice with no mic! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

To summarize: Spin Sucked!

Tomorrow I have to get up for HIIT at 5am, cram food and then go volunteer at CrossFit for their Spartan Challenge. I'm thrilled because CF is something I'd like to get into. YES...it's perfect for nutcases like me! Then I have a hair apt and Cathy's wine/Dessert Shin Dig.

Sunday feels like A backwards Tri day(Run/Spin/Swim) and maybe a movie:)

B

3 comments:

April said...

Thanks for the warning about the dark chocolate pb!!!!!

Biscuit said...

OMG! I'm a Sponning instructor and I'd like to smack her. That's truly unprofessional and just downright ignorant! I'm glad she was just a sub so I don't feel the need to describe what a class should really be like!

I found your blog through Osbasso, who thought I might find your experience interesting. And how!

Brit-Man said...

I hope she was at least qualfied to actually work in Gym, as that sounds like a really pissy class to do in such circumstances.

You could have said, "if you don't get yourself sorted out I'm going to somehow ride this spinning bike over your Ass" :-p :-p.

Take care and best wishes.

Matt